Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another year older

Yesterday, I turned another year older. 36. As my brother so wonderfully put it in a voicemail yesterday: "I'm closer to 40 than 30".

Do I feel that old? No. Although I did wake-up with a stiff back that had bothered me all night long.

Am I happy with my life? Yes. I have a husband you loves me and puts up with me (which as my family can say - is no easy task). I have two wonderful boys who make me laugh almost everyday. I have a job that I feel like I was finally meant to do (just wish it was full-time...maybe soon).

What would I change? Really the only thing I would change would be my undergrad degree choice. I don't regret going to college to get a bachelor's degree - I just wish I had chosen a different major - Chemical Engineering really had not worked out for me.

What are my hopes? I hope that my family remains healthy. I hope that all my friends are still here next year. I hope that things become more financially stable for my family and friends. I hope someday to travel to Europe and Australia but first I would like to be able to take a family vacation.

What are my plans for the next year? I want to learn to quilt (something Jeff's mom did and I wanted her to teach me but never got the chance). I want to make my kids happy and teach them that life is special - enjoy the day.

We will see how I do next year.

No comments: