Monday, December 29, 2008

Joey is 2!!

December 26th, 2006 Joseph (Joey) Christian Gregory was born at 10:40pm - I know this is a little late but I am not any good at blogging regularly so please forgive me.


I think this is one of my favorite pictures from when Joey was born. Kurtis looks so much like the proud older brother that he just became. Mom is so happy looking at her newest grandchild.

Most of you know the story of Joey's birth - he was in a hurry - to put it simply!! I was scheduled for a repeat c-section on Jan 3 (due date Jan 8) since my doctor was going to be out of town for the holiday. Christmas was simple and uneventful. Susan came over in the early afternoon on the 26th - still no labor pains. I planned a dinner I actually made (from scratch) so I began it at 6pm. We ate at 7pm. Susan stayed until about 8pm. After she left - I went to the restroom and had some spotting. Called the Ob office - they said, go to the hospital.


I called Aaron & Amanda. Aaron came to get Kurtis. By this time - it was 8:30pm. I had 2-3 contractions in those 30 minutes. Jeff & I got in the car to go to the hospital. Got there around 8:50pm. Contractions were up to about 5-7 mins apart. By the time I got into a room - they were every 2-3 minutes. Dr came in to check me around 9:30 and said - "We are going to go prep a room for you, NOW! He is coming really fast." They initially wanted to wait until around 1am when my stomach would be empty but Joey was not having any of that.


Anyway - they got me into the operating room & Joey was delivered without any problems.


Now here is my wonderful guy now:


Happy Birthday Little Man!


2 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday, Joey!!! Such a cool little guy. I remember the day you were born very clearly! I couldn't believe how quickly you came!

Mom Janet said...

Happy Birthday, Joey. You certainly didn't waste any time once you decided that you were ready to be born. That was more like the delivery that I had with your mother, without the c-section. Learned something about your special day and how you made a speedy appearance. Your mom was 2 hours from start to finish while your uncle was 3. You are looking more like your brother, Kurtis when he was your age. Lots of hugs and kisses from Grandma Janet.